4/3/2020 | Shaban 9, 1441
- Don’t forget our drive-through donation drop-off today and tomorrow (Fri/Sat) 11 AM to 1 PM, just pull up to the fountain!
- Live Reminder with Mufti Asif Umar on FB @ 1 PM
Friday 03/27/2020 | Shaban 2, 1441
We were live on Facebook today for a special message with Sh. Hamzah Imtiaz.
- Please drop off your Baitumaal donations for essentials such as oil, flour, sugar, toiletries only under the canopy at Islamic Foundation. It will be picked up.
- Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for our religious programming, Like our Facebook Page and sign up for our email list (scroll to bottom)
- Please check out our Friday donation campaign on our Facebook page launched today to help cover masjid bills and other needs.
Keeping you all in our duas! May Allah give you all health and wellness. Ameen.
Islamic Foundation continues to maintain its masjid closure policy, both at Daar ul Islam and West Pine locations. There is no daily salaat or Jumah service until further notice is received from local health authorities. For updates, please subscribe to our email list on the home page (scroll to bottom) or download our IFGSTL app or add us on Facebook.
SUSPENSION OF ALL PRAYERS & PROGRAMS AT DAAR UL ISLAM & MASJID BILAL:
Please view this video:
Or read the following message:
Due to the latest guidelines set forth by the CDC and St. Louis County limiting gatherings of 50+, IFGSTL has decided to take the step of suspending all prayers and activities at both masajid indefinitely.
The masjid will be closed and only accessible to essential staff during this time.
This decision was not taken lightly by any means. After consultation with Islamic scholars around the country as well as infectious disease experts & being in compliance with the CDC and St. Louis County’s Health Department, IFGSTL’s scholars and Shura were in agreement that this step was a necessity.
We will update the community along the way.
We ask Allah Ta’ala to keep us all safe and healthy during this time. We ask Allah Ta’ala to take this test away from us sooner rather than later. Ameen.
Please see the video for more details.
IFGSTL GUIDELINES/ RESPONSE ON CORONAVIRUS
Dear IFGSTL Members,
Please read message below or watch this video message: https://youtu.be/JJU9E_Zjoi8
Many of us are monitoring the news and recommendations in response to the Coronavirus pandemic – also known as COVID-19. Here at IFGSTL, as we take in the news, we have you and the safety and well-being of our whole congregation in our hearts and minds. This is a worrisome time, a time to look out for each other in this caring community of ours. The IFGSTL Executive committee, in consultation with IFGSTL Shura, Mufti Asif Umar, Shaykh Hamzah Imtiaz, the RAC, multiple physicians and others involved in the health and medical fields, have issued the following protocols:
1) All Lectures, Halaqas, Khateras and social events at the Masjid are canceled until further notice. This includes Monday Night Seerah, and all other programs.
2) Friday Prayer & FIVE Daily Salah: As usual, we will conduct the Friday prayer & daily prayers until we receive notices from the Public Health Department to cancel all public gatherings in our area.
Masjid doors will open 15 minutes before prayer time However we issue the following guidelines for Friday Prayer and regular prayers:
Do NOT attend if Jumah is not obligatory upon you (women, children, travelers, sick, or experiencing any symptoms).
- Jumah Khutbah and Salah have been made short: 1st Jumah: 1:30-1:45 pm 2nd Jumah: 2:30-2:45 pm
- Do NOT pray any Sunnah or optional prayers in the Masjid. Pray them at home.
- There will be NO passing of donation boxes. (We always encourage online donations).
- Bring your own Musallahs (prayer rugs) -Do wudu and use the restroom before coming to the masjid.
- Do not shake hands, hug, or spend time in the Masjid socializing, instead only be in the Masjid for the necessary time. In the event that the county, state or federal governments or health authorities issue other guidelines, IFGSTL will comply with the appropriate authorities.
Please note that these guidelines are indefinite and the situation will be monitored daily. Any changes will be communicated promptly to the community. May Allah protect us all and our loved ones. Ameen.
GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW AT ALL TIMES:
- No shaking hands – Cough into arm/sleeve or tissue
- Use Hand Sanitizer or wash hands with soap
- Those who are most vulnerable to this virus (elderly, etc) are discouraged from coming to the masjid
- If you are sick or have symptoms of sickness, do not come to the masjid due to the dangers of spreading sickness!