Al-Salam Day School (ADS) opened its doors in 1990 at the West Pine Masjid (currently Masjid Bilal) on the St. Louis University Campus in the heart of St. Louis with only a handful of students in Preschool and Kindergarten. After a few years, they made the commitment to add a grade each year until we reached the 8th Grade. When Dar-ul-Islam Masjid was completed in March of 1995, ADS moved to the basement in the new building. We continued adding a grade each year until 1997 when the first inaugural class of 8th graders graduated and
went on to continue their high school education at Parkway West, Parkway South, Chaminade, and Mary Institute Country Day School (MICDS).
We quickly outgrew the space in the Masjid and the community started raising funds to build a separate school and gymnasium. In 2005, our generous community completed the fundraising and broke ground on the new structures. In 2007, we moved into the new school and have consistently worked to improve our school inside and out.
In 2014, we purchased the Early Childhood Center about 2 minutes away from ADS (1400 Wyncrest Road). The Early Childhood Center (ECC), a facility designed with young ones in mind, is now home to our daycare, pre-school, and kindergarten students. Infants as young as 6 weeks old are accepted in the daycare.
ADS construction of walls in the second level of ADS was completed in August 2014. Al-Salam Day school expanded to high school (9th-12th grades) and graduated its first graduating class in May 2017. Both graduates have been accepted into Universities: Washington University (WASHU) and Maryville University.